Learn more about the Cady School of Music
The 10 benefits of studying at the Cady School of Music:
1. Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, English Horn, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone (Bari Sax) Saxophone, French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, Percussion, Guitar, Banjo, Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Electric Bass, Electric Guitar, Voice and Piano lessons all taught by some of the area’s most qualified, and respected, Music Teachers.
2. We offer lessons in all areas of music – classical, jazz, rock, pop, blues, country, musicals and show tunes as well as preparation for NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association) solo adjudication festivals.
3. We offer lessons in 30, 45, 60 and 90 minute intervals based on the needs of the student.
4. A Faculty of over 20 Teachers that hold Degrees from some of the most prestigious Music Education Colleges – The College of Saint Rose, Crane School of Music, Schenectady County Community College, University Of Memphis, Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University, Oberlin Conservatory, Ithaca College, and SUNY Fredonia.
5. The only Music School in the area to feature Wenger Nota chairs in every room!
- Evolutionary Design – Wenger’s unmatched depth of knowledge of proper music practice and performance led to this patented design.
- Healthier Musicians – Enhanced posture design encourages proper alignment in a variety of seated positions.
- Facilitates Improved Performance – Proper alignment in multiple seating positions enables greater focus on technique.
- Better Protection of Musical Instruments – The rounded and refined design is not just for a unique aesthetic, it also helps protect valuable instruments from scratches.
6. Founded in 2005, we have over 10 years of proven success in turning today’s music students into tomorrow’s musicians!
7. Our Teachers have experience with teaching students of all ages! Whether you have a 5 year old interested in learning an instrument, or you are an adult picking up an instrument for the first time…or maybe you are someone who used to play and wants to start again…we can work with everyone to ensure a positive experience at any level!
8. We offer two recitals per year at the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary at The College of Saint Rose. Every parent just wants to know how their child is doing and if they are really progressing. The best way for a parent to understand if their investment in lessons is really worth it, is to have their child participate in a recital. Unlike many schools in the area we do not charge for recital participation or charge admission fees. Free recitals are just our way of saying thank you to our families and students.
9. We are conveniently located off of Central Avenue in Albany and share a building with the John Keal Music Company which enables our students to have direct access to all the instruments, supplies, and books that they carry. We are also right around the corner from the Honest Weight Food Co Op…you can drop your child off for a lesson and do a little shopping while you wait!
10. We care. This may sound almost silly, but it is very true. We are invested in our students. We share with them our knowledge, we pass onto them our love of music, and we get to know each and every student that comes to our school. We want to see them succeed. We want to ensure that the study of music makes them happy and gives them the emotional and creative outlet that we all know is so important.